Recipe yields approximately 10-12 250 ml. tall mason jars.
- 4 cups 35% whipping cream
- 4 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- approx. 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- chunky rainbow sprinkles
- 1 box Little Debbie’s Zebra Cakes
- 1 box Hostess Twinkies
- 1 large piping bag (optional)
- Your whip cream may stretch beyond the 10-12 jars. I will often make a batch of whip cream and divide it between a couple of recipes depending on the amount needed.
- To save time you can substitute a tub of premade thawed whip cream instead of making it fresh.
- If you decide not to use a piping bag and spoon the whip cream into the jars, please note you are in for a much messier experience:)
- These individual sized desserts in a jar freeze well for about 3 weeks.
- Cut cakes into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- In mixer with whisk attachment or using a handheld mixer, whip 35% cream along with vanilla extract and icing sugar on low-speed, then increase to med to high-speed as it thickens. Whip until stiff peaks form. Add to large piping bag.
- Assemble the Jars:
- Add 4-5 pieces of cake to the bottom of the jar.
- Pipe in layer of whip cream to about 1/2 full. Push cream into spaces left by the cake.
- With fingers put tsp. of sprinkles down the sides of the jar.
- Add 4-5 white chocolate chips.
- Add another 4-5 pieces of cake.
- Pipe in another layer of whip cream filling to the bottom ring.
- Add 4-5 white chocolate chips and sprinkles to the top.
- Affix lid and ring.
- Decorate the jar with label, tag, or twine and give as a gift.
- Chill for 1 or 2 hours before serving.