“Ever since I was a little girl I’ve been making these Cheesecakes with my mom. It has been a wonderful family tradition.”
Recipe yields approximately 10-12 250 ml. wide mouth mason jars or 1-2 8 inch pies.
- 2 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 4 cups 35% whipping cream
- 4 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 large piping bag (optional)
- 1 small piping bag (optional)
- If you want a more light and creamy whip cream mixture be sure not to over mix the whip cream as it will become churned and dense. This affects the amount of whip cream you will have to use as well. With that said though, I enjoy a thicker whip cream mixture. So it really depends on your preference.
- To save time you can substitute a tub of premade thawed whip cream instead of making it fresh.
- The amount of pie filling you will need depends on consistency and how much topping you enjoy. Thicker pie filling that is refrigerated or bought in bulk won’t generally stretch as far.
- If you prefer a dense crust firmly press the graham crumb into the jars with a spoon or your fingers. Some people prefer an airy crumb and that’s fine too.
- If you decide not to use a piping bag and spoon the ingredients into the jars, please note you are in for a much messier experience:)
- These individual size cheesecakes in a jar freeze well for about 3 weeks.
- Melt margarine in microwave and mix with graham crumbs in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In mixer with whisk attachment or using a handheld mixer, whip 35% cream along with vanilla extract and icing sugar on low-speed, then increase to med to high-speed as it thickens. Whip until stiff peaks form. Scrape contents of bowl into large mixing bowl.
- In mixer with dough attachment or using handheld mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar on med-high speed until blended and creamy. Scrape bowl half way through.
- Add cream cheese mixture to the whip cream in the large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly by hand. Add to large piping bag.
- Assemble the Jars:
- Spoon approx. 2 tbsp. Graham crumb mixture into regular wide mouth jars. Shake so it lies flat in bottom of jar or press it down firmly.
- Pipe in whip & cream cheese mixture to about ½ filled.
- Pipe in cherry pie filling around edges first and then in the centre to first ring of the jar.
- Affix lid & ring.
- Decorate the jar with label, tag, or twine and give as a gift.
- Chill for 1 or 2 hours before serving.